I provide practical and business-minded advice to owners, management teams, executives and employees. I focus on all aspects of employment law, including recruiting, hiring, managing the employment relationship, termination, employment standards, compensation and workplace investigation matters.
I regularly assist clients with the drafting and reviewing of employment related documentation, contracts and policies, including employment and independent contractor agreements, severance packages, confidentiality agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
I also regularly advise purchasers, sellers and other interested parties with respect to corporate mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financings and restructurings.
Accounting and Finance for Non-Financial Managers, 2015, Certification
University of Calgary, 2008, Bachelor of Laws
University of Saskatchewan, 2004, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Call to the Bar
2009, Law Society of Alberta
- Advised various private and public companies, partnerships and private equity firms in connection with the recruiting, hiring and departure of key executives.
- Advised a private oilfield services company in connection with its merger with another private oilfield services company and all related employment and personnel matters.
- Advised a natural resource investment bank in connection with the underwriting of a public company’s $92 million long form prospectus offering.
- Advised various capital pool companies in connection with preparing their stock exchange filing statement and completing a qualifying transaction.
- Assisted with the sale of an Edmonton-based fabrication and distribution of industrial insulation products and accessories company to a Boston-based private equity fund for approximately $125 million.
- Assisted a private energy services company in connection with its $53 million sale to another private entity.
- Advised in connection with the cross-border disposition of a fleet management and work safety solutions business for a purchase price of approximately $32 million.
- Advised numerous Calgary-based private oil and gas companies in connection with strategic acquisitions and financings.
- Advised a Metis Settlement in connection with structuring partnership and joint venture agreements.
- Advised several early stage, oil & gas, oilfield services and technology companies in connection with private placement financings.
- Serves as a director and officer of a number of private companies as well as various industry and community organizations.
Memberships and Affiliations
Member, Canadian Bar Association
Member, Calgary Bar Association
Member, Association of Women Lawyers
Board Member, American Chamber of Commerce in Canada