About Nerland Lindsey LLP:
We are a successful, innovative and team-oriented law firm seeking a Corporate Paralegal who will fit well into our dynamic and collaborative culture. The successful candidate will become a key member of the team and oversee daily operations of the corporate services department in our Vancouver office. This role will perform a wide range of tasks which require strong communication, organization and time management skills. This full-time permanent role is based in downtown Vancouver, BC.
- Provide our clients with the highest standard of service.
- Manage and maintain physical and electronic corporate records.
- Prepare annual reports, corresponding resolutions and complete annual filings with BC Corporate Registry, Corporations Canada, and other jurisdictions as needed.
- Draft and prepare BC registry filings and resolutions to change directors, officers & addresses.
- Assist the firm’s tax law and business law teams with transactions, including drafting documents relating to incorporations, organizations, amalgamations, amendments/alterations, rollovers, redemptions, dividends, continuances, dissolutions, revivals, extra-provincial registrations across Canada, licenses, limited partnerships and business names.
- Conduct due diligence minute book reviews, identify deficiencies and rectify issues.
- Prepare internal and external communication and provide general support to the office.
- Maintain up-to-date client accounts by recording billable time and disbursements, issuing accounts and monitoring payment of outstanding accounts.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Demonstrated Skills:
- Completion of a Paralegal certification and designation.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Corporate Paralegal in a law firm setting.
- Excellent knowledge of federal and provincial corporate statutes and corporate procedures.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, DocuSign. Previous experience with Worldox, PCLaw and/or ALF will be considered a strong asset.
- A professional attitude with polished communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail.
- Strong drafting and proofreading skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to review, analyze and make recommendations concerning file details.
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented atmosphere.
Competitive salary/benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Send your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume to:
Nerland Lindsey LLP
Jenelle Tutty – Chief Operations Officer
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.