I have more than a decade of experience in working with clients to harmonize business objectives with tax and other planning considerations.
I have counseled clients regarding US tax law pertaining to cross border business expansion, private equity transactions, estate and succession planning and related matters.
Whether advising private equity funds, multi-national businesses, families or other clients, my focus is always on “what is the client trying to accomplish” – rather than “what legal options are available.” This approach allows clients to be confident that the tax “tail” won’t wag the business “dog.”
- Georgetown University Law Center, 2005, LL.M (Taxation)
- University of Maryland School of Law, 2003, Juris Doctorate
Call to the Bar
- 2003, Maryland Bar Association
- Advice to Canadian investors with respect to tax efficient investment in US real estate
- Advice to US and Canadian businesses seeking tax efficient financing methods
- Cross border estate planning for families with members and assets in multiple jurisdictions.