Cross Border Services
Design and implement an effective tax strategy for your operations in Canada and the U.S.
Our team of tax lawyers is practiced in novel and innovative tax strategies in both Canada and the U.S. Our team will help you navigate cross-border tax planning with confidence.We have experience in:
- Commercial transactions
- Estate planning strategies.
- Cross-border transactions, including the use of joint ventures, and licensing
- Use of various vehicles, including trusts, to acquire U.S. personal real property
- Offshore subsidiaries and trusts
- Major publicly-traded companies
- Canadian companies expanding abroad including to the U.S.
- U.S. companies expanding to Canada
- Private clients moving from the U.S. to Canada, and Canada to the U.S.
- Do I Need More Than One Will?
- GST Double Tax Problem on imported goods
- US Tax Reform – Challenge and Opportunity
- GST on Imports into Canada
- Investing in Canadian Real Estate
- U.S. Election Watch - What the vote means for Alberta industry
- Capitalizing on U.S. Opportunities
- The Cost of Trust(s), an IRS Perspective
- Death Tax and Double Tax in International Estates
- Using Hybrid Instruments to Reduce Cost of Capital in Cross-border Transactions
- IRS Extends Offshore Voluntary Disclosure