The Hoffmans: Alexandra, Rowan, Pancake, Scotch and Adam
My desire to help entrepreneurial families has shaped my professional development, from my tax expertise to my charitable work, including a focus on trust advisory and administration.
I have helped many families start new or growing businesses and often assist in their ongoing business affairs.
I have experience in all areas of Canadian tax law, with particular emphasis on business reorganizations and asset protection. I am also an officer of a startup technology company and sit on the Board of Trustees of several private family trusts.
- University of Western Ontario, 2006, Bachelor of Laws
- Richard Ivey School of Business, 2006, Bachelor of Arts, Honors Business Administration
Call to the Bar
- 2007, Law Society of Alberta
- Amongst other tax planning engagements, I have advised clients on their estate planning needs, completed corporate reorganizations in order to maximize tax efficiency, and represented charities in obtaining and maintaining their charitable registration status.
- Designed and executed a $225M services company sale transaction.
- Acted as Blind Trustee for a former member of Parliament.
- Designed and executed a complex cross-border mining joint venture structure.
- Completed a $280M private trust twenty-one year deemed disposition exit strategy.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, International Fiscal Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation