- Business Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Oil & Gas
- Venture Capital & Private Equity
- Corporate & Securities
- Private Equity
I practice corporate and securities law, with a particular focus on the representation of early-stage companies and the private funds that invest in and advise them.
A significant part of my practice involves complex transactional matters, including fund formations, financings, and mergers and acquisitions.
My clients are active in numerous sectors, notably energy and finance.
- University of Toronto, 2005, LL.B.
Call to the Bar
- 2006, Law Society of Alberta
- An asset manager in connection with the formation of two funds of hedge funds (2018)
- A financial sponsor in connection with the reorganization of its infrastructure fund (2018)
- An asset manager in connection with the formation of its fund of private equity funds (2018)
- A privately-held synthetic diesel company in connection with its $20 million private placement of debt securities (2018)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth
- Member, Private Capital Markets Association
Alberta leads the way in amending Securities Act - June 19, 2017