I travel as often as possible and I thrive on new experiences.
I provide practical and business-minded advice to owners, management teams, executives and employees. I focus on all aspects of employment law, including recruiting, hiring, managing the employment relationship, termination, employment standards, compensation and workplace investigation matters.
I regularly assist clients with the drafting and reviewing of employment related documentation, contracts and policies, including employment and independent contractor agreements, severance packages, confidentiality agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
I also regularly advise purchasers, sellers and other interested parties with respect to corporate mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, financings and restructurings.
- Accounting and Finance for Non-Financial Managers, 2015, Certification
- University of Calgary, 2008, Bachelor of Laws
- University of Saskatchewan, 2004, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
Call to the Bar
- 2009, Law Society of Alberta
- Advised various private and public companies, partnerships and private equity firms in connection with the recruiting, hiring and departure of key executives.
- Advised a private oilfield services company in connection with its merger with another private oilfield services company and all related employment and personnel matters.
- Advised a natural resource investment bank in connection with the underwriting of a public company’s $92 million long form prospectus offering.
- Advised various capital pool companies in connection with preparing their stock exchange filing statement and completing a qualifying transaction.
- Assisted with the sale of an Edmonton-based fabrication and distribution of industrial insulation products and accessories company to a Boston-based private equity fund for approximately $125 million.
- Assisted a private energy services company in connection with its $53 million sale to another private entity.
- Advised in connection with the cross-border disposition of a fleet management and work safety solutions business for a purchase price of approximately $32 million.
- Advised numerous Calgary-based private oil and gas companies in connection with strategic acquisitions and financings.
- Advised a Metis Settlement in connection with structuring partnership and joint venture agreements.
- Advised several early stage, oil & gas, oilfield services and technology companies in connection with private placement financings.
- Serves as a director and officer of a number of private companies as well as various industry and community organizations.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Association of Women Lawyers
- Board Member, American Chamber of Commerce in Canada
- Presenter: Terminations Today – Considerations for Ending or Altering an Employment Relationship in a Down Market