Reach your estate planning goals with leading edge relational and technical financial solutions.
Our tax professionals are leaders in this field. We offer practical and comprehensive advice on the issues surrounding estate planning.
We help you focus on planning for wealth accumulation, wealth distribution and wealth protection as well as succession planning and governance. Issues relating to estate planning, trusts, estates, tax and probate planning, financial management, asset protection and domestic contracts are all handled with the highest degree of professionalism and business acumen.
We also provide advice on estate administration and litigation. We act for executors, trustees and beneficiaries, including charities, heirs and dependants.
Our lawyers are known for their sensitivity in handling the personal and family issues that often arise in estate planning and administration. To best serve our clients, we are careful to continuously educate ourselves in this fast-evolving practice.We have experience in:
- Private individual estate planning
- Will drafting
- Testamentary and inter-vivos trusts
- Cross border estate planning
- Cross border will drafting
- Real estate transactions
- Estate administration
- Tax disputes
- Tax compliance
- Appearing before the Tax Court of Canada, the Federal Court and the Federal Court of Appeal
- High-net-worth individuals (both their personal interests and their business interests)
- Owner-managers of successful businesses
- U.S. citizens living in Canada
- Foreign investors in Canada and the U.S.
- Trust Residency Post-Fundy
- 2018 Federal Budget: What Private Companies Need to Know
- Liberals Bow to Public Pressure on Tax Changes
- Second Life for Post Mortem Tax Planning
- Do I Need More Than One Will?
- RRSPs, RRIFs and Estate Insolvency
- Morneau’s Tax Proposals causing Harm
- Family Limited Partnerships
- The Limited Partnership Protective Shield
- General Partnerships
- The Prescribed Rate Loan Strategy
- Irrevocable Inter Vivos Trusts
- Revocable Inter Vivos Trusts
- Wealth Accumulation Trusts
- The July 2017 Tax Proposals
- Alter-ego and Joint Partner Trusts
- Family Trusts
- Creating an Effective Trust
- Revoking an Enduring Power of Attorney
- Who Is the Taxpayer – the Estate or the Beneficiary?
- Giving Strategies for Blended Families
- Blended Families
- Business Succession
- Keeping Your Family Informed
- Wealth Management
- Trusts - Best Practices in the New Estate Planning Paradigm
- Death Tax and Double Tax in International Estates
- What Is a Tax Lawyer? When Do You Need a Tax Lawyer?
- CRA’s Prescribed Interest Rate Expected to Rise in Q4
- Trust Distributions May Have Adverse Tax Results Where Trust Has Sole Trustee
- A Mild RRSP Season - Except for the Advantage Rules