I am one of the three founding partners of Nerland Lindsey LLP.
In 1975, I received a Bachelor of Science Degree with Honours in Economics and Mathematics from the University of Calgary, a Master of Arts Degree in Economics from Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario in 1976 and a Juris Doctorate Degree from the University of Calgary in 1979.
In 2011, I completed the Rotman / Haskayne Directors Education Program, achieving the designation of Institute-Certified Director (ICD.D) from the Institute of Corporate Directors, and I have successfully completed the Rotman Financial Literacy Program. I am also a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Planners (“STEP”) and hold the Trust and Estate Practitioner (“TEP”) designation. In 2014, I had the honour of being appointed a Queen’s Counsel (“QC”) of Alberta.
I travel the globe, presenting to accountants, lawyers, managing partners and business leaders on topics such as the value of an engaged and inspired culture and best practices for providing value and service to the people and businesses we serve. In 2017, I was awarded the “Most Innovative Presenter” by Geneva Group International (“GGI”), an association of international lawyers, accountants and business owners.
My professional practice centres on providing our clients with a shared experience of partnering with us to discover real value.
- Rotman/Haskayne Directors Education Program, 2011, Rotman School of Management
- University of Calgary, 1979, Juris Doctor
- Carleton University, 1976, Master of Arts in Economics
- University of Calgary, 1975, Bachelor of Science with Honours in Mathematics and Economics
Call to the Bar
1980, Law Society of Alberta
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Institute-Certified Director (ICD.D)
Trusts – Best Practices in the New Estate Planning Paradigm – April 10, 2017 (CaregivingMatters.ca)