My practice focuses primarily in the area of private capital, with a specific emphasis on high net worth, succession, family office and related tax planning, corporate acquisition, and reorganization tax planning, and private equity and hedge fund formation and structuring, including inbound and outbound financings and related business arrangements. Further, my practice involves general corporate matters and tax dispute resolution.
Prior to joining Nerland Lindsey LLP, I practiced with an international law firm.
- Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada), 2015-2018, In-Depth Tax Course
- Canadian Bar Association, 2015, Tax Law for Lawyers
- University of Saskatchewan, 2013, Juris Doctor (with distinction)
- University of Lethbridge, 2008, Bachelor of Management (with great distinction)
Call to the Bar
2014, Law Society of Alberta
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
“Does Fairmont Hotels Eliminate All Equitable Remedies in the Tax Context?” (2019) 66:4 Canadian Tax Journal 931